chemo day 1… continued

Let’s start with the good news, the news we all need. Bone biopsy came back negative!!! It has not metastasized anywhere, my boobs and lymphs is where it be. I will do a whole post on staging, but I’m leaving it there for now.

About last night…

A few hours after infusion I started to feel tingles from the chest up radiating all down my arms. After a quick call to my oncologist on our way to the ER we went. The A to my AC chemo is a big bad beast. It actually has a given number you can take your whole life (don’t freak, my protocol puts it at about half). It can do damage to your heart so they take extra precautions, so simply put my doc said your 34, we’re not taking any chances. Gordo had my hospital going chariot ready in no time. And talk about the right person to take along with you on an ER trip. He had the whole staff laughing with his jokes, antics, machine button pushing, and other “bananas weird” doings my incredible father does best. Those that know him, love him. Understatement of the century…

After an “abnormal” EKG they had us officially held hostage for the night. We did a parent swap and Mom came to slumber. The tingles had then spread to my legs. They had me all hopped up on steroids, so no sleep for the weary. So, we spent the night chatting and giggling how the chair she was supposed to “sleep” in kept chomping her up like a crocodile because she didn’t weigh enough to keep it down. I’ll chalk this up to another silver lining of all this. Sweet time together.

The morning left me starving and us all wanting answers. They had thrown out a bunch of tests they were maybe going to do, so they had me on saline only/no food or drink bs regimen. After chatting with the docs and nurses and confirming my symptoms were totally gone, my cardiac enzymes came back negative, and further investigating the EKG they decided they were tired of my ass. I have been known to rip off wires, take off blood pressure cuffs, and throw full sass when they blast the lights on at 2:30am for a blood draw. So sorry–F off!

So, what do we know: My system is sensitive and it just got an ass ton of big bad drugs. The EKG showed signs of the right ventricle being damaged, which is way less of a big deal than the left. There are three scenarios of this. 1. It was pre-existing. Since I didn’t do an EKG before chemo, only an echo we will never know. 2. The medicine damaged it and it will get better. 3. The medicine damaged it and it won’t get better, and that’s ok–nothing to freak about. They will keep a close eye on me during my last three rounds of AC and if I wind up there again will do more aggressive cardiac tests.

I got to come home about 3:00pm today. Now off to bed, Santa has a busy couple days coming up!


when they tell you to get comfy, you ain’t going nowhere…what do you do? take a selfie, duh!

Leave a Reply